|Situated on Manitoulin Island on the shores of beautiful Lake Manitou is Manitoulin Resort.
Manitoulin Resort is a friendly, family resort with something for everyone. Guests can choose between deluxe housekeeping cottages or a camping vacation. In the spring, we cater to the fisherman who fish for trophy lake trout as soon as the ice leaves the lake. Summer brings families to our resort to enjoy a memorable vacation whether in one of our deluxe cottages, or camping amongst the trees,
memories are made here. In the fall the pace slows down, and we invite you to see the beautiful fall colours.
Manitoulin is a unique place where ancient native legends combine with historic sites and beautiful scenery to provide an unforgettable vacation experience. The pace of life is slower and easier here, allowing for a peaceful, relaxing holiday atmosphere. After a few days, the magic of Manitoulin takes over and you find yourself relaxing, slowing down and taking time to enjoy the beauty which surrounds you. Crystal clear lakes, abundant wildlife and birds and winding scenic roads lead to new discoveries at every turn. Spring features wild flower tours and fishing derbies while auctions, live theatre and art exhibitions are happening all summer.
Manitoulin Resort is close to Wikwemikong Indian village where the annual Pow Wow, one of the biggest in Ontario, takes place on the Civic Holiday weekend in August. Fall brings colour tours and local fall fairs for a change of pace. The many communities on
Manitoulin offer shopping, restaurants, banking, gift shops, medical services and other amenities. Roads are well maintained with light traffic, perfect for cycling or a leisurely scenic drive. Hiking enthusiasts will enjoy Manitoulin's famous Cup and Saucer trail which is only twenty minutes from Manitoulin Resort. A rainy-day trip to Sudbury allows an opportunity to visit the Big Nickel Mine, Science North and the Imax Theatre.
Manitoulin Resort is a friendly, family resort with something for everyone. Guests can choose between deluxe housekeeping cottages or a camping vacation.
|WHAT TO DO AT MANITOULIN RESORT?
- swimming and snorkeling in the crystal clear water of Lake Manitou
- enjoy the children's sand beach
- let the kids run and play in our large playground
- have some fun in our baseball/soccer field
- play horseshoes and volleyball
- explore the lake by motor boat, kayak, canoe or paddle boat
- bring the kids to explore the children and toddler play area in our rec hall
- let the teenagers unwind in the arcade room
- check your email on our free internet - central access point available
- enjoy bingo in our rec hall (must be of legal age to participate)
- join in the activities on the summer long weekends
- read a novel or magazine from our lending library
- "take a hike"...the roads around the resort offer the perfect spot to walk, or cycle while you enjoy the countryside
- experience a tour of the park on the "hay ride"
- enjoy the beauty of the star studded northern sky while sitting around a blazing camp fire
Activities currently scheduled here at Manitoulin Resort are as follows:
- Canada Day Weekend - activities & fireworks
- Live Band - "Double Take" July 13th (must be 19 yrs or older)
- Halloween - July 20th (A full decorating, trick or treating experience for the young and the young at heart! Minimum two night camping stay required). Prize for the best decorated trailer!
- Don't forget to join in and play BINGO on Friday nights (must be 18 yrs or older)
- Hay wagon rides in July & August on Wednesdays & Saturdays (weather permitted)
- Washer tournaments on Saturdays
- Cards night - TBA
- Haweater weekend and the Wiki pow wow - August long weekend (Minimum three night camping stay required)
- "Manitoulin Country Fest" in Little Current - August
- Other events may be posted within the resort
- Lake Manitou is the premier spot for Lake Trout fishing while Small Mouth Bass and Jumbo Perch provide even the little ones with a fishing experience. Boats and motors, kayaks, canoes and paddle boats are available at Manitoulin Resort. Docking is also available if you wish to bring your own boat. Worms, fishing and hunting licenses & renewals are available for purchase in our store.
© Manitoulin Resort, 152 Holiday Haven Road, Manitowaning, Ontario, P0P 1N0